The post will help you easily configure eclipse IDE for developing android application,
The following is a list of software requirement to start of with Android development,
- Windows XP or later
- Eclipse 3.4 or later
- JDK 5 or later
2. Download JDK, Eclipse and Android SDK
- Download and install JDK from http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp
- Download and extract Eclipse application files from http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/.
- Download and extract Android SDK from http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html.
- Set the path System Environment Variable to point to the SDK tools directory path.
3. Installing android plugin for Eclipse IDE
* Start Eclipse IDE, Under Help menu Select Install New Software.
* In the Install dialog, Click on Add button.
* In the Add Site dialog enter the site name [e.g, Android plugin] and the location as https://dl-ssl.google.com/android/eclipse/. Note: If https does not work try http. Click OK.